boy, injured, fall, Mall of America

Mark Erickson/Getty Images

Family of Boy Who Fell From Mall's Third Floor Says He's Still in Intensive Care: 'Keep Praying'

April 23, 2019 - 5:46 pm

WCCO - The family of the little boy who was thrown from a balcony at the Mall of America says he is still in intensive care and remains under sedation.

"We have an important week ahead with more milestones to accomplish, said R. Stephen Tillitt, a spokesperson for the family. "God's hand is working."

Over the weekend, Pastor Mac Hammond of Living Word Christian Center, where the boy's grandparents attend, said that there is zero evidence that Landen has brain damage and compared his injuries to falling off a bike. Tillit clarified that by saying the injuries to his face were consistent with a fall from a bike, but would not confirm any details about possible brain damnage and asked for continued privacy.

So far a GoFundMe page has raised more than a million dollars to help the family pay for medical expenses.

Tillitt expects to have another update on Friday.

Here is the familly's full statement:

"We wanted to provide a short update following the holiday weekend. We have an important week ahead with more milestones to accomplish. God's hand is working. Your prayers are working. Our son remains in intensive care, under sedation and under close monitoring as we stay patient to allow him to heal. Thank you for continuing to respect our family's privacy through this unimaginable time. We remain steadfast in our faith and praise God for his miraculous work in our lives and for your love, prayers and support. Thank you so much and keep praying."

The 24 year-old Minneapolis man accused of throwing Landen has been charged with attempted premeditated first-degree murder and has beeen assigned a public defender.