Fire Truck

© Kjrstudio |

Hurst House Fire May Be Due To Exploding Propane Tank

October 15, 2018 - 10:54 pm

A Hurst home has some damage from an explosion and fire that broke out around 8 p.m. last night.

Early on, some were worried it might have been ignited by a natural gas leak but Hurst Fire Chief David Palla says Atmos has found no sign of that. 

Instead, it appears to be due to an exploding propane tank belonging to the owner of the home near Highway 183 and Precinct Line.

It apparently blew up inside the garage, doing a lot of damage there and some inside the home.

Firefighters had the flames doused quickly and no one was hurt.