Fire Damages Grapevine Community Clinic

Andrew Greenstein
April 12, 2018 - 2:45 pm
Grace Grapevine Community Clinic

GRAPEVINE (1080 KRLD) - A community clinic in Grapevine needs your help after a fire caused considerable damage to the building.

The fire at the GRACE Grapevine community clinic broke out at around 10:00 last night.

"It had fully engulfed that waiting area and classroom area," says Shonda Schaefer, the executive director at GRACE.

"The part where the fire was was the medical clinic, which serves a population that is incredibly at risk and literally will have no other health care were it not for this clinic,: Schaefer says.

The fire started hours after the clinic held a cooking class in the kitchen.

"We've identified that the stove that was there, whether it was left on or something had been heated or something we're not sure of. But it definitely started on that stovetop," she says.

Schaefer says what GRACE needs more than anything else right now is monetary donations.

"We need financial contributions that will help offset deductibles on insurance and will also get us a little bit of cash going so we can purchase needed supplies," says Schaefer.

At this time, the clinic does not have the capacity to accept clothing or food donations. "Right now, I don't have the space nor the capacity to really process any in-kind food donations ... There'll be a point when we're ready to start accepting refreshers for that pantry, but today is not that day."

If you'd like to donate to the clinic, go here