Officer Garrett Hull Memorial 'Blue Bowl' Flag-Football Tournament Scheduled

Andrew Greenstein
May 20, 2019 - 6:41 am
Football

© Danny Hooks | Dreamstime.com

Categories: 

FORT WORTH (1080 KRLD) - You can help the family of fallen Fort Worth Cpl. Garrett Hull by playing in a flag football tournament next month.

The first annual Garrett Hull Blue Bowl takes place June 15 at Farrington Field in Fort Worth.

The tournament has two goals.

"Number one, to honor the sacrifice of our fallen officer Garrett Hull and to remember his family," says Mike Randall with the Fallen Officers Foundation; "and number two, to unite the community around law enforcement to gain respect back for law enforcement."

The tournament is looking for teams of all backgrounds -- including businesses, families, police departments and others -- to play.

"It's $800 for a team," says Randall. "And you can have 16 people on a team, and that averages out to $50 per person."

The money raised will go directly to help the families of Cpl. Hull and other fallen officers.

"60% of the proceeds go right to Garrett Hull's family," Randall says. "The other 40% goes to the Robert L. Zore Foundation and the Fallen Officers to support other fallen officers when officers need help."

The evet begins at 8:00 a.m. with a memorial service at the stadium.

The tournament is free for spectators, and there will be plenty of attractions for them as well.

"We're going to have former and current NFL players there for autographs," says Mitchell.

One of the end zones will have NFL Experience-type games set up.

"People can throw the ball into the hole as a quarterback," Mitchell says, "they can do the running drills, and they can kick field goals."

For more information, go to garretthull.com or thefallenofficers.com.