Sexual misconduct

FILE - In this Feb. 21, 2020, file photo, Harvey Weinstein leaves the courthouse during jury deliberations in his rape trial in New York. With Weinstein facing sentencing this week, his lawyers argued Monday, March 9, that the disgraced movie mogul deserves mercy in his New York City rape case because he's already suffered a "historic" fall from grace and is dealing with serious health issues. (AP Photo/Mary Altaffer, File)
March 09, 2020 - 9:00 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — With prosecutors seeking a severe punishment for Harvey Weinstein in his landmark #MeToo case, his lawyers argued on Monday that he deserves mercy for his already “historic fall from grace” and serious health issues. In a letter filed in advance of Weinstein’s sentencing on...
Read More
FILE – This undated file photo shows a photo of Dr. Richard Strauss, an Ohio State University team doctor who was accused of sexual abuse by former athletes. Ohio State reached an unspecified settlement, on Friday, March 6, 2020, with nearly half of the roughly 350 men alleging university officials ignored complaints and failed to stop the team doctor who they say sexually abused athletes and other students throughout his two decades there. (Ohio State University via AP, File)
March 06, 2020 - 2:14 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ohio State reached an unspecified settlement with nearly half of the roughly 350 men who say they were sexually abused decades ago by a team doctor who was jokingly known among some athletes by nicknames like “Dr. Jelly Paws.” The settlement announced Friday is the first for...
Read More
FILE - In this June 6, 2019, file photo, singer R. Kelly pleaded not guilty to 11 additional sex-related felonies during a court hearing before Judge Lawrence Flood at Leighton Criminal Court Building in Chicago. R&B singer R. Kelly is due in federal court to enter a plea to an updated federal indictment that includes sex abuse allegations involving a new accuser.  The 53-year-old is expected to plead not guilty at a hearing Thursday, March 5, 2020, in Chicago to a superseding indictment unsealed last month that includes multiple counts of child pornography. (E. Jason Wambsgans/Chicago Tribune via AP, Pool, File)
March 05, 2020 - 12:40 pm
CHICAGO (AP) — R&B singer R. Kelly on Thursday pleaded not guilty to an updated federal indictment that includes child pornography charges and allegations involving a new accuser, while prosecutors said more charges alleging yet another victim are upcoming. Kelly, 53, stood silently in orange...
Read More
FILE - In this Dec. 19, 2009 file photo, Placido Domingo performs during a sound check prior to a free concert in Mexico City. Domingo's name has been removed from the Washington National Opera's young artist program “in light of recent developments,” the opera house announced Tuesday, March 3, 2020. (AP Photo/Marco Ugarte, File)
March 03, 2020 - 4:06 pm
Plácido Domingo's name has been removed from the Washington National Opera's young artist program “in light of recent developments,” the opera house announced Tuesday, after an independent investigation found the legendary tenor had sexually harassed women while holding senior positions at the...
Read More
FILE - In this Aug. 28, 2019, file photo, opera singer Placido Domingo performs during a concert in Szeged, Hungary. A senior member of the main U.S. union that represents opera performers resigned Monday, March 2, 2020, accusing the leadership of a cover-up in its investigation into accusations of sexual harassment against superstar Plácido Domingo. Samuel Schultz, a baritone and elected officer of the American Guild of Musical Artists, had provided the full findings of the union's investigation to The Associated Press, which he said AGMA's leadership had planned to keep secret as part of an agreement with Domingo.(AP Photo/Laszlo Balogh, File)
March 02, 2020 - 4:22 pm
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A senior member of the main U.S. union that represents opera performers resigned Monday, accusing the leadership of a cover-up in its investigation into accusations of sexual harassment against superstar Plácido Domingo. Samuel Schultz, a baritone and vice president of the...
Read More
FILE - In this Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2019, file photo, Recording Academy President/CEO Deborah Dugan participates in the 62nd Grammy Awards nominations news conference at Studio 43 at CBS Broadcast Center in New York. The Recording Academy says it has fired Deborah Dugan, its former president who called into question the integrity of the Grammy Awards nominations process. The academy said Monday the decision was reached after “two exhaustive, costly independent investigations” about Dugan and her allegations. It said the reviews found “consistent management deficiencies and failures,” though no specifics were offered. (Photo by Charles Sykes/Invision/AP, File)
March 02, 2020 - 3:13 pm
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Recording Academy on Monday fired Deborah Dugan, its former president who called into question the integrity of the Grammy Awards nominations process and said she was sexually harassed by a top lawyer for the organization, which she called a boys' club that coddled and...
Read More
FILE - In this Aug. 28, 2019 file photo, opera star Placido Domingo salutes spectators at the end of a concert in Szeged, Hungary. The Spanish government on Wednesday Feb. 26, 2020 has decided to cancel the participation of tenor Placido Domingo in Madrid's La Zarzuela opera theater in May 2020 in light of the latest developments in the sexual misconduct allegations against the legendary singer. (AP Photo/Laszlo Balogh, File)
February 27, 2020 - 4:29 pm
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Opera star Placido Domingo amended his apology to the multiple women who have accused him of sexual misconduct, adding several caveats Thursday to a statement two days earlier in which he said he took “full responsibility” for his actions. In a statement on his Facebook page,...
Read More
FILE - In this May 23, 2007, file photo, Placido Domingo, general director of the Washington National Opera, speaks during a news conference in Washington about a simulcast of a performance of La Boheme. An investigation into Domingo by the U.S. union representing opera performers found more than two dozen people who said they were sexually harassed or witnessed inappropriate behavior by the superstar when he held senior management positions at Washington National Opera and Los Angeles Opera, according to people familiar with the findings. (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin, File)
February 26, 2020 - 7:03 pm
MADRID (AP) — The Spanish government said Wednesday it was canceling two upcoming performances by Plácido Domingo in Madrid to show support for the women who have accused him of misconduct and take a stand against sexual harassment, becoming the first in Europe to cancel on the megastar since since...
Read More
FILE - In this Dec. 19, 2009, file photo, Placido Domingo performs during a sound check prior to a free concert in Mexico City. In a statement released on Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2020, he said, "I have taken time over the last several months to reflect on the allegations that various colleagues of mine have made against me. ... I respect that these women finally felt comfortable enough to speak out, and I want them to know that I am truly sorry for the hurt that I caused them. I accept full responsibility for my actions, and I have grown from this experience." (AP Photo/Marco Ugarte)
February 25, 2020 - 9:35 pm
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The words "I am truly sorry" have not been uttered often in the #MeToo era. So when soprano Luz del Alba Rubio woke up Tuesday to see an apology from opera superstar Placido Domingo, she was in shock. "I felt like we have conquered Goliath. Now we don't have to be scared to...
Read More
FILE - In this March 2, 2014, file photo, Peter Nygard attends the 24th Night of 100 Stars Oscars Viewing Gala at The Beverly Hills Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif. Federal authorities on Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2020, raided the Manhattan headquarters of the Canadian fashion mogul Peter Nygard amid claims that he sexually assaulted and trafficked dozens of teenage girls and young women. (Photo by Annie I. Bang /Invision/AP, File)
February 25, 2020 - 9:32 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — Federal authorities raided the Manhattan headquarters of the Canadian fashion mogul Peter Nygard, a search that came amid claims he trafficked and sexually assaulted dozens of teenage girls and women. The FBI searched the designer's Times Square offices Tuesday less than two weeks...
Read More

Pages